SMS Messages

's Avatar

stevew

11 Feb, 2019 09:58 PM

Is there a way to set an alert to know when SMS messages come in? I accidentally discovered that I had a couple come in. VM allows me to set a notification by email, is there something similar for SMS or missed calls?
Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Bond on 12 Feb, 2019 04:27 PM

You can have emails go to your cell phone for notifications (Account> My Info> Notifications> enable SMS replies to my cell phone. Save changes), you can see replies in the Message Center under the SMS tab and in the lead/client file.

For more info and screen shots, see here: https://radius.tenderapp.com/kb/best-practice-tips-resources/sms-be...

2. Bond closed this discussion on 12 Feb, 2019 04:27 PM.

3. stevew re-opened this discussion on 12 Feb, 2019 04:37 PM

4. 2 Posted by stevew on 12 Feb, 2019 04:37 PM

I already have all notifications checked in my account. I realize that I can see the messages in the SMS Messages tab, but we are not sending out texts, we have just happened to have some clients send a couple texts in the last week unknown to us. I didn't receive any notification to my phone. The Email Notification List says Send Lead and Client SMS Replies to My Cell Phone. Will it only notify me of a reply? If someone texts us first we won't get a notification? Since we don't use the SMS as a means of contact we don't tend to check that tab, and some notification that one has come in would be helpful.

Thanks,

Steven Williamson
    VP / Operations

Secure Care 65
    5300 West Cypress Street, Suite 250
    Tampa, FL 33607
    Phone: (800) 354-1078
    Fax: (813) 207-0069

www.securecare65.com [email blocked]

Guide To Choosing a Medigap Policy

Note: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain material that is privileged, client work product, or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited; and (2) immediately delete this e-mail message from your computer and notify me by telephone at (800) 354-1078.

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Bond on 12 Feb, 2019 09:00 PM

The SMS will go to the assigned agent for that lead/client if the agent has his/her cell # in their Account> My Info and the notification option checked in Account> My INfo> Notifications.
    Please provide us a name of a lead/client who you were assigned to who replied to your text but didn't have it go to your cell so we can research.

6. 4 Posted by stevew on 12 Feb, 2019 09:36 PM

The 2 texts I had received were from Sara Parry and Cheryl Forney. Neither had their number listed in the cell phone data, but they are cells listed on the phone line. They showed as coming from unknown, I would assume because there was no cell listed, but I would think the number would match it up to the lead. Does the format matter? For example, it show the incoming number as 0000000000, where in the contact it was 000-000-0000.

Steven Williamson
    VP / Operations

Secure Care 65
    Tampa, FL 33607

Note: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. This communication may contain material that is privileged, client work product, or protected from disclosure under applicable law. If you have received this message in error, or are not the named recipient(s), please (1) be advised that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited; and (2) immediately delete this e-mail message from your computer and notify me by telephone at (800) 354-1078.

7. Support Staff 5 Posted by Connors on 12 Feb, 2019 11:19 PM

Format doesn't matter, but we only look at the Cell Field as that controls the ability to SMS (Inbound & Outbound). We would get destroyed if we did any SMS to the Phone Field by Providers as a majority of those are not Cell Numbers. Each time we send to a Non-Mobile Number, we get dinged.

That aside, we are thinking through what can be done on a Notification of SMS Inbound to the User / Account.

8. Connors closed this discussion on 12 Feb, 2019 11:19 PM.

9. stevew re-opened this discussion on 13 Feb, 2019 03:51 PM

10. 6 Posted by stevew on 13 Feb, 2019 03:51 PM

Thanks Clu, let me know if you come up with anything. Another thing I just came across is on the Carrier Info page. I went to call one of my companies and found that I had not added their phone number. To add I have to then go into Settings, carriers, etc. to add. It would be helpful if there was an edit button on the Carriers page.

Thanks and have a great day,

Steven Williamson
    VP / Operations

Secure Care 65
    Tampa, FL 33607

11. Support Staff 7 Posted by Connors on 13 Feb, 2019 06:06 PM

We want to keep the Carrier Edit in one place and have the page as View Only. Few extra clicks for sure, but not often the need to edit a Carrier on a daily basis to warrant it that.

12. Connors closed this discussion on 13 Feb, 2019 06:06 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac